Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing this contract you declare that you are the registered owner or an agent authorized by the owner to make arrangements for shipping the owner’s vehicle(s) (Hereinafter referred to as Client or Shipper) with Orange Auto Transport (hereinafter referred to as OAT).
OAT will arrange the transportation of the Client’s vehicle(s) with a carrier (hereinafter referred to as Carrier) selected by OAT in accordance with the information provided by the Client.
This order is subject to the terms and conditions of published tariffs and the uniform Bill of Lading of the Carrier transporting your vehicle. The driver will provide this information at the time of the vehicle pick up.
In the event that the Carrier is unable to reach the specified pick up or delivery location (due to street size, legal restrictions, low hanging trees/branches, bridges, power lines, cables or other restrictions), the Client agrees to meet the Carrier at a mutually convenient and accessible location.
The Client authorizes the Carrier and their employees to operate the Client’s vehicle during pick up and delivery or during transit if necessary.
If at the time you place your order, you neglect to state that your vehicle is inoperable (either the vehicle cannot be driven on and off the Carrier using it’s own power or the vehicle brakes are insufficient to stop the vehicle or for any other reason the vehicle is inoperable), an additional fee will be added to the balance due and will be collected by the Carrier prior to vehicle release at the time of delivery. This fee will also apply if your vehicle becomes INOP during transit (through no fault of the Carrier). Additionally, in the event that we are not informed of the correct model, type of vehicle(s), or modifications to the vehicle(s) – including racks, extensions, oversize tires and the like, an additional fee will be added to the balance due and will be collected by the Carrier prior to the release of the vehicle(s) at the time of delivery. Please provide accurate information at the time of your quote request so that we may be able to provide you with an accurate quote for shipping your vehicle.
Federal Law prohibits auto carriers from transporting household goods/personal belongings. Carriers are subject to inspection by the DOT and the Police at every state line and can be fined up to $10,000 if found to be carrying household goods. We ask that no personal property shall be transported in Clients vehicle (s) that includes but is not limited to explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, live plants, live pets, money, furs, jewelry or any unlawful contraband. OAT and Carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If such items are in the vehicle, then such items become the sole responsibility of the Client. Should damages occur or fines levied, said fines or damage is Clients responsibility. That being said, OTA allows customers to pack up to 100 lbs in the vehicle at no additional cost AS LONG AS WE ARE NOTIFIED OF THIS PRIOR TO A CARRIER BEING ASSIGNED. All items must be packed in the trunk or below window level and the driver’s seat must remain empty. Keep in mind that the belongings are not insured, only the vehicle is. If the customer packs more than 100 lbs, the driver will charge an extra fee ($50 and up, depending on the driver) or he may ask the customer to remove the items.
The Client is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport by removing or securing all loose parts, batteries, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, antennas, fog lights and other similar items. Any part that may fall off during transit is the Client’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
The Client agrees to disarm any vehicle(s) alarm system and provide the Carrier with any tools or keys necessary to disarm the system if it should become activated during transit. If during transit the alarm system is activated due to the Client’s failure to provide the said tools or keys for disarming the alarm system, the Carrier may deactivate the alarm system by any means that the Carrier deems reasonable and effective. The Client releases OAT and the Carrier from any claims for damages that are caused by the Client’s failure to fulfill these obligations.
The Department of Transportation requires that all outstanding shipping charges be paid without deduction before your vehicle is taken off the truck. In the event that damages should occur, the Client must first pay all COD’s due the Carrier in order to initiate a claim. The Client further agrees not to seek to charge back a credit card or stop payment a check to offset any dispute for damage claims. The Client must note on the Bill of Lading any damages, in detail, and both the Client and the Carrier must sign and date the Bill of Lading, regardless of weather conditions or time of day.
OAT and the Carrier must be notified of any damages by phone within 24 hours. The Client must submit the claim in writing along with pictures and estimates to the Carrier within 3 days of delivery. All claims for damage must be taken up directly with the Carrier. The Carrier is liable for all damages. OAT will assist the Client with all necessary carrier information such as name, address, phone number, insurance information.
Signing the Bill of Lading at the destination point without notating vehicle damage will be evidence of satisfactory delivery of the vehicle(s). We highly recommend that you thoroughly inspect your vehicle at the time of pick up and delivery before signing off on the Bill of Lading.
Pick up and delivery times are only estimates. Delays may occur due to weather, road conditions, traffic, mechanical problems and other factors. Neither OAT nor the Carrier will be held responsible for rental fees or any accommodation fees.
In the event that the Carrier attempts to reach the Client within a reasonable time frame (3-24 hours before delivery), and the Client is
unavailable or cannot be reached at the phone numbers provided, or does not have the COD for the Carrier, then the vehicle(s) will be dropped off at the nearest terminal at the Carrier’s discretion. All COD, storage, terminal fees and any extra charges are to be made payable to the Carrier in the form of Cash, Cashier’s check, or postal Money Order before the vehicle can be released by the terminal.
The Client is free to cancel the order prior to a carrier being assigned. In case the order needs to be canceled after the carrier was assigned and the deposit was charged, the deposit will not be refundable. We may be able to use this deposit as credit on your account (must be approved by a customer service representative). By signing/agreeing to this contract and/or placing the order online or by phone the Client agrees to all Terms and Conditions set forth by Orange Auto Transport.
- All payments for the balance due to Carrier for C.O.D. must be made on or before the delivery of Shipment in the form of CERTIFIED FUNDS (cash, cashier’s check or money order) made payable to the Carrier. THE DRIVER WILL NOT ACCEPT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS OR PERSONAL CHECKS.
- Guaranteed Price – We are able to lock in your pricing if your shipping date is within 14 days of your original quote date. We are honoring this 14 day grace period even if the market rate goes up during the 14 days. Please note: If your shipping date is after the 14 day grace period of your original quote the pricing is subject to change due to affects of supply and demand.
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER OAT nor Carrier SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING: (THESE EXCLUSIONS ARE ALL STANDARD BUSINESS PRACTICES OF THE AUTO TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY).
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location, therefore OAT or Carrier do not accept responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to car phones or antennas under any condition. (OAT suggests that they be removed).
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory, including antennas that do not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body.
- Damage or fines incurred because Shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway or from the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by vandalism during transport.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of God.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie-down holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power (Vehicle is inoperative or has lost its braking system).
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers about our process for transporting your vehicle click below.